Monday 29 August 2016

9th Julia Margaret Cameron Awards / Winner


It's been a beautiful few months since I finalized my most important photography project so far. It cumulates some enormous emotions that were expressed not with words but with my sitters' bodies.
531 women photographers from 50 countries have submitted for this year edition 9th Julia Margaret Cameron Award // Gala Awards ... and there is one winner in Nude and Figure category for a series of images... and it is my #CognitiveBodies series that features some awesome people I had that privilege to work with. Winning 9th Julia Margaret Cameron Award with Nude was Marta's entry to Berlin Photo Biennial 2016.
In this very touching moment I have to admit that production on that series ended up really hard time in my life and I am enormously happy seeing the light as the new series is beautifully appreciated by international professionals.
Other Awards for the series:
 PX3 Paris 2016 - Honorable Mention
 MIFA / Moscow International Foto Awards - Honorable Mention in  Fine Art / Nude
 Fine Art Photography Awards 2nd Nude

I am thankful and enormously proud.
Marta Kochanek 





No comments:

Post a Comment